We now offer 3 different hands-on enrichment programs!
If our kids are only taught to follow directions, where will our next Artist, Sculptor, Chef or Inventor come from????
Children learn by asking “what if” and “why” questions followed by getting physical with their subject matter. Play is the work of children!
Science Matters For Kids™ offers children opportunities to engage with big concepts and ideas at a level that makes sense to them. Scientific terms and ideas are shared in real language and never “dumbed down.” When we’re discussing the scientific method and making a hypothesis… we use the word “hypothesis!”
Cooking is more than just following a recipe!
Cooking Matters For Kids™ offers children opportunities to actually, well… Cook! Yes, a 5 year old can cook! We aren’t just teaching measuring and pouring. We are discovering what happens when we add or eliminate things from our foods. What is the science behind how we cook things and what happens when we do things differently.
Be inspired from our inspiration classes!
Inspiration Matters For Kids™ offers students the opportunity to create using materials provided, but from the inspiration of the day! This is not just an arts and crafts class. We will be working with lots of different materials and create from our own imagination. Our inspiration might be a book, a piece of art, a holiday or even FOOD!
What does WMFK do?
We offer enrichment programs to preschools, daycare centers, aftercare centers, community centers, scout groups, homeschooling groups, etc. We provide a science program designed to fit your needs anywhere you have space and students.
Our program is designed for students from preschool through the elementary grades. We scale up or down depending on the age group and the students’ abilities. Curriculum for aftercare programs are “scaled-up” for that age group, hands-on and educational, yet entertaining and interesting for after a long school day.
We offer school groups a way to enrich their current curriculum with a comprehensive hands-on enrichment program which can be customized to meet their needs:
- weekly, bi-weekly or monthly lessons for an entire class
- weekly, bi-weekly or monthly lessons for students who opt in – classes grouped by ability
- one time presentations for the whole school or one or more classes
What we offer:
- Hands-on enrichment classes
- Our comprehensive hands-on enrichment classes provide students with the opportunity to interact with higher level concepts in 3 different types of classes. Whether you have a scout troop, summer camp, school group or are just looking for something different and fun for an event, we can handle it.
- Professional Development
- We can provide some specialized classes for your teachers. Do they need some great hands-on ideas for their classrooms, or do they just need a hand with drawing their students in with interactive experiences? We can provide a hands-on workshop designed around your needs.
- We offer interactive fun parties for all 3 of our hands-on programs!
What we provide:
To school groups:
- Classes offered exclusively as an opt in enrichment program for your students or purchased for your school.
- Hands-on enrichment classes customized for preschool through elementary grades
- 30 or 45 minute lessons taught by teaching professionals
- All materials are included for the lesson
- Take home sheets of lesson information with enrichment activities and resources for parents
- Full program includes materials for each child to continue their exploration and experimentation at home
- Time and cost saving way for preschools to stay academically competitive
- Monthly, Weekly or Bi-weekly classes ~ or choose your own schedule!
- Customization to meet your time and financial needs
- Flexible – Our lessons can be geared toward your weekly/monthly themes
- One-stop shopping for all your enrichment needs
- Provides your child with individualized hands-on experience with scientific, cooking or inspirational topics to give your child a head start in academics and out of the box thinking.
- Offers an opportunity for their child to gain an understanding of the world around them.
- Comprehensive information sheets sent home after each class, providing details as to what your child experienced in class. Including resources to find additional information surrounding this concept.
- Reinforcement/follow up information, and enrichment activities, including materials, to do with your child at home.
- New and exciting party packages!
Children learn by doing! Our classes get them actively involved in all programs providing a platform for them to engage their minds and grow their love of discovery!
If you’d like to have What Matters For Kids at your school, please contact us, or have your school contact us, today! We will work with your school, putting together a class package all the kids will love!